Should I worry?

My man and I have been togerther for two years in May we are happy and I know he loves me and is committed to our family, the thing that's bothering me though is that all my friends and people we know that have been together about as long as we have are now engaged..He does romantic things and I get my hopes up and then nothing. I don't want to be married tomorrow but I do want him to ask so we can plan. He says all the time that he wants to marry me and be with me for life etc. Why hasn't he asked me? He knows where I stand but I refuse to push him into anything!! Should I worry or just chill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• just chill....for now. Maybe he's saving up for the right ring. :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree. just relax. It takes a lot of courage for some guys to pop the question. Even if they know how the other person feels. My brother has been with his fiance for 4 years or so, and talked about poping the question for like that last 2 years!!! ...he finally did it! but it took a lot for him.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Don't push.

My hubby did the same thing...always saying he wants to get married and this and that...

...later I found out it was because he was gauging my reaction to the idea...react favorably...and maybe he'll ask!

=O
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 2:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• >>He says all the time that he wants to marry me and be with me for life etc.<<

I dunno. I think I'd take that statement as the question. "I accept."

Answer by gdiamante at 2:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My Husband proposed romanticly several times, with no ring for two years before he got a ring? I was always stunned like wth I guess he wanted reassuring but it was a real, "Will You Marry Me!" An I was always stunned, he could afford a ring dont know why he just always asked!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Two years is long enough he needs to sh*t or get off the pot.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It all depends on how you feel and what you want. What you want matters too! It wouldn't be pushing to have the conversation with him about how he sees things going.....what does he think a good timeframe is, and other issues to determine if you are really compatible. Don't forget to really pay attention to what you want! It isn't only about what he wants..... Don't just wait and wait. That could be a mistake. Do you know where he stands on all the things that are important to you? Not just when you will get married, but other issues as well (where you will live, kids, working, money issues...). It is okay to have these conversations....in fact if you are thinking marriage it is important to have them!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• talk to him about it.

moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2009