Some help with my brother

My brother called me today and said him and his wife are spliting up after 14 yrs. He was CRYING! I have never seen him cry in 20 yrs! I told him she is not worth it. She is making a big mistake. He told me well your married so you can't really help me. What else can I say to him or do for him?. I feel like there is something I need to do to help him. What are some good things to say to him? Or should I let him come to me when he needs someone to talk to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I got that phone call 10 years ago from my brother, just try and make him feel positive, tell him to keep on doing what he usually does. Go to work, be civilized with her and don't let him get too depressed, invite him over for dinner (if he lives close to you), have a bar-b-que and invite familiar friends and close family over to have a couple of beers with him and let him vent.
    TiredofInsanity

Answer by TiredofInsanity at 2:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I even told him to call me at 4 am if he needs someone to talk to
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Let him talk, just offer comfort and a shoulder or ear. He may not want to hear bad things about her and he may shut down if he is not ready to hear you bad mouth her. I may think she is worth it and he may just need to vent.
    The best advise to give your brother is NO ADVISE....all will be clearier in a day or two.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You seem like you are a really good sis and when he is ready he will need someone like you to listen to him.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Ya he lives like 3 miles away if that. I told him im making chili for dinner tonight and he loves it and to come over. He also said my nephew who is 6 asked him when he was tucking him in daddy will I ever see you again? I really wanna know if she is planing on talking him and leaving the state. If she does oh boy will he*l break with me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2009