How much is enough when it comes to kids clothes?

I need to start weeding my kids closets before I do their back-to-school shopping. How much is enough? They have so much in terms of clothes but I'm afraid I'll get rid of too much...oy. Any suggestions on how much clothes they should have?

Asked by ebannon1973 at 9:20 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• My son is only 14 months...but I still go through his drawers every month or so to see if he has grown out of anything. Just put it in a space bag or a big container. If you need something you can allways go and get it! If it looks like they have too much clothes...the probably do lol!

Answer by mrsaidensmommy at 9:29 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have this issue myself. And sometimes I will keep the 7/8 clothes even though my daughter is 9. Or keep the item torn or stained as "play clothes" because I am afriad to get rid of too much. So, I finally decided that I have to get rid of the stained, bleached, torn, clothes or the sizes that are small for their normal sizes even though it fits. Or if I don't remember then wearing it maybe 6 months, its gone.

Answer by seakla at 3:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have laundry issues. I have 5 nice outfits for each child. One around the house outfit and a set of PJs. That's it. There is also a change of clothes in the car for emergencies but it never comes in the house.

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:04 PM on Jun. 22, 2008