How do I get over almost losing my hubby ??

This may seem weird to alot of you ......
It is almost one yr ago that my hubby suffered an ( non tech terms to here ) intestine exploding and coming ( qouting the dr. ) within 2 hours of dieing. He had an ostomy bag in place for 8 months ( thankfully he was one that got it reversed). Fortunatly, he has recovered and is now back to trying to get his body to the way he wants it. ( he is a bodybuilder)
Yet, everytime he has a stomach ( especially this time of yr. ) I start panicing and worring over him. He tries to be understanding but it still scares the hell out of me.

GardenClub

Asked by GardenClub at 2:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• You don't get over that. It was very tragic and its not something you will get over easily. If you did then I would think you didnt care for him. It shows he means the world to you when something so tragic scares the crap out of you. Just maybe don't be so quick to react...I am sure he will feel better telling you if he thinks something is wrong when you don't react so scared and stressed out everytime something is wrong. He needs your support not a scared wife everytime he is not feeling well.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Be thankful he is with you and live everyday to the fullest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you believe in GOD pray and thank him often!!!!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's weird. I think it's a pretty understandable reaction. But you need to do something about this. It's silly to let this dominate you so long after it happened. When you feel afraid, focus on reality - your husband is alive and healthy. You may benefit from some sessions with a counselor to help you sort out all the issues this experience brought up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• it will take time

Answer by admckenzie at 11:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Thank you all, I appreciate all of the responses.
    I am doing a bit better, I dont stand over him when he rubs his belly now ( yeah I really did that )
    I believe he spoke with my family about my reactions (his really isn't around to talk to ) and they said that my reactions will get less in time. Said just grin and bare it.
    If my own reactions do not lessen in time I will go for counceling.

GardenClub

Answer by GardenClub at 2:48 PM on Mar. 20, 2009