• In the Spotlight:

how do I make...

A heating pad. Ones that you put something in a sock? I don't know the right stuff to put in it and I don't want it to start cooking in the microwave. I need one for my cramps and pains after working out and really don't want to buy one.

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hot water bottle. Roll it on your tummy.
    Just empty out soda bottle and fill it up with hot water.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 3:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you have ANY type of rice. Put it in any type of sock(I use the skid free things from the hospital) tie a knot , heat about 1-2 mins in microwave & enjoy the heat!! I use it for every pain I have.
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I bet you could use hand warmers. My husband uses them at work and they get HOT! He uses them for 12 hours at work, and the next morning they are still warm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree with WAganma56! With both of my pregnancies the hospital gave me rice socks. They just took a large mans sock and filled it with plain white rice. They work great! You can heat them up and not worry if you fall asleep with it on you. Just be sure not to overheat or it will ruin it and stink your house up pretty bad!
    Thats how my husband ruined my rice socks.....
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You can also get buckwheat and use that, too.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yup.. rice works really well in a large tube sock. Its big enough to make into a soothing wrap for your neck yet can be folded up to use on your back or other areas of your body. Just dont warm it for more than a minute or the rice will burn! Hand warmers in a mitten or something fairly thick work too. Those things do get hot!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies. I will try this!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009