How often do you wash your hair?

A new study says that washing your hair to much can damage the hair and that people should only wash their 2 to 3 times a week. So how often do you wash your hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Once and day and sometimes twice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Everyday, my hair would look terrible if I didn't.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• 2-3 times a week.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• a few times a week. I have psoricos(spelling?) and gets bad if it's washed too often.
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 4:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• about every other day, I condition maybe twice a week, other wise my hair gets greasy, )if washed to much, or conditioned to much)
    clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 4:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I wash mine every day. I have very curly hair and I have to use products in it to keep it from frizzing, so I like to wash it every day so it doesn't get to dirty or weighed down from it. However, I don't dye it, perm it, blow dry it, or use curling or straightening irons on it, and that cuts down on the damage.

I'm not too worried about changing how often I wash it though, because over the years, I've gotten tons of comments from hair dressers about how healthy and how thick my hair is. (Well, it's really fine, but there's a lot of it, so it's thick in that way.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I wash my hair every other day or every third day if I can possibly make it. My hair is so much healthier now that I do that instead of washing it everyday. I've had a lot of processed done to my hair though, so you have to treat fragile hair with care.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 4:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When it needs it... usually once a week?... my hair gets really dry and frizzy really easy even if I use the moisturizing shampoo AND conditioner so I just stopped washing it unless it needs to be. Seems to help, this way I only have horrible hair one day out of the week.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• this isn't a new study... when you wash your hair, you are washing off its natural oils that protect it, and replacing it with a chemical based conditioner.

i wash my hair once or twice a week
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 5:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• depends on how busy my week is. lol.

Usually 3 - 4 times a week. or less no that I got my hair thinned.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009