• In the Spotlight:

am I in the wrong here or do i have a right to be this upset?

okay so me and my husband were haveing lunch to ourselves kinda of alone time. when his troubled brother called and wanted to talk to him i explained that it was not a good time and to call back later and turned off my phone he then called back and left a message that was rude and told me to go kill my unborn child and leave his brother,alonge with some other things. when i heard this message i let my husband hear it for himself. and he agreed his brother/freind needed to go bye bye
but less than 3 hours later he showed up at our appt. and when we confronted this behavior to him and i told him i didnt want him near me or my child or my husband and called him a junky and told him to go to rehabe and get some help, he told me i needed help so i gave my husband 30 minutes to get him out and went to a freinds appt. to vent when 30 min. was up and he still wasnt gone i called the cops went down and filed a restraining order cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• cont. from above / i filed the restraining order against him even though he appologized and admitted he was wrong,but this is not the first time this has happened and im upset and angry at my husband for still being friends with him and accepting his apology and now im the bad guy for going to the cops in fact his brother / freind is band from our appartments by the manager herself who heard the message. and was shocked by it. she then called the cops to have him removed and band from the complex. i do not regret anything i did including going to the police and now staying at a freinds place in a town 100 miles away . but did i do the right thing was there a better optoin should i have done something differant what would you do in this sitiuatoin i dont even feel bad this whole thing should i
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• no u shouldn't feel bad at all i totally agree with what u did i would of done the same thing so there is no reason to feel bad
    Litlegourd

Answer by Litlegourd at 4:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sure you did the right thing so you and you so broke up over this and you had to leave? why didnt he leave since his bro. was band even from the appt? Thats not fair to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It sounds like there is a lot of history of problems between you and the brother. I wouldn't say you did anything wrong, but it does sound like things escalated.... I wonder what would have happened if you had just let the first call go to voicemail, or if your husband had been the one to say he would have to call him back later because he was busy. If the guy is his brother, troubled or not, it is hard to insist that he completely end the relationship. Then again, I don't know how extreme the problems are with the brother.....you obviously feel you are at a point of 0 tolerance. If the brother is a deal breaker, you did the right thing. Based only on your description of the story though, it does sound like things were escalated unneccessarily at each step of the way.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i wouldnt le thim anywhere near my family
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You should have given your husband the phone. It's his brother. Blood is blood. Regardless of what he thinks of you.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009