I think Im depressed

I just had my second child. So, now I have an 8 year old and a 4week old. I felt like this with my son and the doc offered XanaX and I dont want any meds they made me feel weird. How can I feel better without meds?

ShastaRiley

Asked by ShastaRiley at 4:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know you said you didn't want to be on any drugs that make you feel weird...
    but what worked for me when I had the baby blues was Zoloft. My midwife wrote a script for them, they didn't make me feel all weirded out and after a couple of weeks I felt like my old self again. She kept me on them for a little over a year. They were a life saver.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Have a REALLY good dependable person to talk to at all times when you are feeling down or icky. You need to be very open with this one person and dont hide or hold back any of your feelings good or bad. Get out and get some sun!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2009