cant get through the night...

ok I've posted before about my son and he constant need to "more" eat...he calls it more. Now he is waking up fully in the middle of the night to "more". What can I feed him or do to help him stay full through the night? I'm feeding him avocado, and right now I am giving him oatmeal. (14months)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 4:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure he's full when he goes to bed. Is he eating any more table foods? Maybe some whole grain pasta would be a good choice for dinner. 14 months is when I night weaned because mine was a 2 second snacker. It was crazy & no one but him was getting sleep. How many times is he waking up? Maybe offer a cup of water and a cuddle. Or just nurse through it--maybe it's a growth spurt or just a stage. Good luck .
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• He's a toddler and toddlers need more calories than babies. Is he not eating other table foods than just avocado and oatmeal?

If he's waking up hungry, obviously you have to feed him. Have you tried giving him more food through the day? Just based on your writing, I'd say he needs more food through the day to make it through the night.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Is he getting full meals 3 times a day plus 3 or more snacks? He's growing, he needs food. might just be a growth spurt. Make sure he's not filling up on milk or juice duirng meals and not actually eating enough. that could fool him into thinking he's full and then realizing later that he's still hungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I read your other question. Since he's weaned already I guess you don't have to worry about that part. I would offer more foods during the day & maybe let him help pick it out or prepare it. Keep offering a variety even if he doesn't seem to care for it. It can a lot of offering for them to finally eat it & like it.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'm having kind of the same problem with my son. He will be 2 in may and I can't get him to sleep through the night. It's every 2-3 hours or so he will get up, sometimes not at all. I can't get him to eat much through the day, he just doesnt want to. He will wake up for a bottle and drink for a few minutes and go back to sleep, wheening from the bottle is a different story.
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2009