waking up in the middle of the night

my puppy is 5 months, we have had her since she was 9 weeks old. we finally got her where she is okay with being in the crate. as a matter of fact she knows when i turn on the radio have my jacket on and shoes that she is going to go there and will happily go in there on her own !! However she does not do well at night. During the day she will go to the bathroom about every 3-4 hours. I think she could go longer but she is getting over a uti. Any way before the uti she would wake up once during the night to go potty. now she is waking up at night every 2-3 hours. Is there anything i can do to make this a little longer length of time?

ntschetter

Asked by ntschetter at 6:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pets

• I have th oposit problem. My dog is 14 yo. His is getting old..Waking me up at night to go pee.
    He has been cage trained sence he was very young. You puppy might be still getting over the UTI.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• pROBLY JUST GETING OVER THE UTI MY 3YR. OLD WOKE ME UP CONSTANTLY WHEN SHE WAS PREGO BUT SHE WASNT IN A CRATE, SHE WOULD JUST COME AND BEG! SHE WENT BACK TO NORMAL AFTER A WHILE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Try leaving the radio on for your dog at night. Also, if you know she only has to get up once to go potty at night, then don't rush to her crate everytime she cries. She'll get used to having you run to her everytime she cries. Let her cry and she will eventually get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009