is it true?

so people always told me labor wasnt painful at all, then other people told me its was painful but once you hold your baby you forget about the pain. but i thought it was the most painful thing i have ever done, and i still remember the pain. the pain of labor, and the pain after wards, i had a c section, which then got infected....before i left the dang hospital, so for me it was painful for like ever! now dont get me wrong i love my daughter and i would do it all over again just to have her. but dang! so what im asking is it true for any of you? was it painful? did you forget about all the pain when you held your baby?or am i the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes it was painful til i got that epidural lol and i did forget the pain its amazing what the children can give to you and what they can take away once i held my babies in my arms it was all good sorry you had such a bad timel
    j-dub09

Answer by j-dub09 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It was painful and I remember it!

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When I was expecting my first child, naturally I had the same questions that all first time mothers have, and I asked my ob if labor was painful. He replied that of course it was, that's why it's called labor pains.

I expect that the saying about forgetting is because you love the baby so much that the love dims the previous pain. Either that or that you are so busy with the new baby that you don't have time to think about the pain! LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 7:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It was painful, but I knew it would be temporary. I also knew going natural, I would feel more but it was better for both of us. I don't remember the pain after he was born, I was too excited but I do remember being sore a few hours later.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I was induced both times so I went from feeling no pain to excruciating pain after they broke my water. I had a long labor with my 1st and don't really remember much. I know it was painful but that was partly due to my epidural not working correctly. My 2nd time was alot quicker but my epidural also failed to work right because her head was too low. The worst part about her delivery was the immense pressure I felt. I thought my butt was gonna explode.....no joke. That's the intensity of the pressure. So my point is....every labor and delivery is different. I still remember the pain but it was definetly worth it. (I'm not having anymore though,lol)
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The people that told you labor was not painful do not remember because they had good drugs aboard and they do not remember!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, it was extremely painful for me. I was not allowed to get out of my bed, have any visitors, I had a cathetor, couldn't have the t.v. on and I was only allowed to have 1 light on in my room. My bloodpressure was very very high, and I couldn't have anything make it go any higher! So I got the epidural!! But when I held my daughter, I still had pain.. It just wasn't as intense. I could remember for about a week what the pain felt like, but no words could describe it. Then I had a mc last April, and I did it all naturally. I wish they would've told me that I was going to have contractions!! I had a very hard time with that one as well! Now I am pregnant again and due in August. Last one for me, but I know that it indeed does hurt like hell, but it is worth it! :)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I remember all too well. I was induced, wanted to go all natural, after 20+ hours of horrible labour (thought I was going to die) I had a c-section. And yes, I had a midwife and a birthing room and a warm tub and a big bouncy ball, and breathing techniques and the whole nine yards.  It was tough for me.  I couldn't walk or pick up my baby without help. I also had infection and alot of scar tissue that made recovery over a month long. I couldn't sit up in bed and walking to the mail box alone would make me so exhausted I had to rest. Add an infant and postpartum depression, and colic and damn. I can't even believe I did it all over again.  i know there are women that had great birthing experiences...i was not one of those.

missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• So sorry to hear that ali.......congrats on your lil one to come!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 8:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• thank you! were very excited, just nervous that it will be like my first labor!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2009