Whats your opinion on this...

A government big enough to give you everything you want is also a government big enough to take away everything you have ..... Thomas Jefferson.

Do you think thats true
sorry no punctuation or quote marks someone spilled iced tea on the keyboard lol

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 8:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes...but it doesn't matter, lol. You will probably get the rolly eye Anon and the blah blah blah Anon on this one. They don't like this to the point thinking.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• "When government offers you something for free, run."

Steve Kalafer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Its absolutely true

Answer by gemgem at 8:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• momof030404
    You just can not let go that some people post anonymously,why?You love the drama.
    I agree with OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Absolutely agree.I just wish America would of taken that warning.Unfortunately,too many just do not care or think it will be wonderful to have big government in control of our lives.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I find it interesting that the same people who use this quote by Jefferson, are the same people to whom the separation of church and state has little relevance. That was a Jeffersonian ideal as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• "I find it interesting that the same people who use this quote by Jefferson, are the same people to whom the separation of church and state has little relevance. That was a Jeffersonian ideal as well. "

actually in most cases that isn't the case.. I find it amusing that you lump everyone who doesn't like big government, must like like separation of church and state...
    seriously anon, you are assuming too much, and it's making your statement look silly and amusing to the rest of us.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Op- I love that quote. And yes I agree. But those that want bigger government are those that want want want.. those that want smaller government need and work for it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Lisnteing to Hannity the other night.Again just asked random Obama voters questions.Young ones ..it was interesting.Most did not know who the vp is yet again but they are alll about turning America into big government controlled socialist America.Oh everybody should have "free" this and "free" that and one said well umm I think people need to work at least some for it though.BWAHAHA are you kidding me? sooo as long as they put in even a minimal amount of effort they should be carried through their lives with others peoples money.
    This is what our country has becomes I guess....WONDERFUL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009