how to make bbq ribes

I am making BBQ ribes for dinner today with mashed potatoes and not sure of the 3rd yet maybe buttered noodles or my kids favorite green beans lol but anyway I know how to make them but my question is I want to put them in the crockpot when I am done boiling them well after I boil them do you still have to put them in the oven with the bbq sauce or do I just boil then put them in the crockpot with bbq sauce??? I hope you can understand this question lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I just put them in the crockpot with lots of BBG sauce and let them cook all day. I would also skip the buttered noodles and go with corn or another veggie. Corn bread would be a good addition.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• well i dont boil mine i jut put them in a pan after they hve been seasoned with some beef or chicken broth and cover them and put them in the oven i turn it on 350 til they start cookin and then turn it down to about 250 and let them go. when they are tender i put the sauce on them and stick them in the broiler to crisp the outside up a bit. sorry thats probably no help lol i would think after you boil them you can just but them in the crock pot. if you do decide to to the oven thing we have found that if you rub musturd on them before you season them it not only gives them extra flavor but helps the seasoning to stick good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes thats how I do mine, boil then add to crockpot,if you over cook them the meat will realy fall al tp pieces so if you want them intact I only cook them for 4-5 hrs on low,
    Anonymous

• you should serve the green beans, it would be much healthier than 2 starches!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• thanks chefjen I may do the green beans my girls are 4 and 14 months and both of them love green beans they could probably each eat a can to themselves lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think the other ladies gave you great advice! Just wanted to mention that you can also buy "country style ribs" at most stores. ( these aren't on the bone like your typical ribs) Lots more meat and cheaper. I think they even taste better! I just cover them with BBQ sauce and put them in the crockpot all day or in the oven for a couple hours- They're tons easier to prepare and my hubby actually likes them better!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2009