how would you deal with your bitchy SIL?

my husbands sister awhile back accused me of something that fucked up the peace between the whole family. well, thankfully my husbands family doesnt think its true and they know she was being over dramatic.

since then ive ignored the bitch, i dont want to have anything to do with her. well, she called my husband at 7 AM to "let him know" shes coming by later today to see the kids and what not. she lives about 10 hours away and i REFUSE to let her come around when she fucken feels like it, obviously im going to let her know how it is and confront her about the past, cause when shes alone she is NICE. over the phone or in a text, she aint got guts. so well see...how would you deal? how would you go on about things?

kiliki_malie

Asked by kiliki_malie at 8:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd treat her just like I treat my own sisters when they piss me off...Her being an in-law doesn't make her special.
    steponme

Answer by steponme at 9:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would so just act like she just isnt in the room.. You cant stop goin to things cause she a b*tch... You just have to take in and go on... It sucks i know, but ya gotta tuff this out...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yea, i see what you mean. ill try, i will try. lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 8:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'll go ahead and have 911 on standby.lol I also have one so I know what ya mean,mine still lives in the ame town. She is constantly trying to start something.she tried one time on me,and that is all it took.I told her I would stomp her ass in a mud hole.she does'nt fool with me.I try to tell my other sils to let them know she can't bully them,and she will back off. good luck.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I totally understand where your coming from. My SIL (brothers wife) drives me nuts. I've learned to deal w/her though. I avoid her when ever I can and when I can't, I am civil, but stearn. My SIL gets mad for years about stupid shit, then she doesn't let me see my nephew who is my godson! We just started talking again after a 2 year arguement! Avoid her, but when you can't act civil.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i have learned to ignore all of my inlaws due to ignorance but if she is coming from 10 hrs away you should at least be hospitable
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 9:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• see, she is on her spring break. and she wasnt going to come down here, then all of a sudden her and her friend decide to quit thier job out of blue and come down to visit. weather or not shes driving 10 hours, a heads up would be great. she is the kind of person where she "thinks" if she complains to my husband that my husband will give in. she thinks she has the right to do whatever she wants if it includes treating me like shit. and i am not down with that.
    my husbands mom, she deals with her sister inlaws like i do. but the thing with her is she puts up with it for the past 20 years and i refuse to be hospitable to someone who treats me like that. my mom in law lets them do whatever they want and it makes her miserable, im not going to do that to myself. i want to lay down the law with this girl so she doesnt treat me like shit
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 9:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Take the kids and take off. Go camping...take a trip...stay out all day. If your the one who makes the household sechedule then make it without her. She called the wrong person anyway. If she wants to come see the kids, she can wait till your dh is willing to have the kids or she can appoligise to you for everything. If she's a royal pain, I wouldn't bother to open the door beyond to tell her she's not welcome.

My SIL isn't welcome unless she's with my MIL and FIL and she's not allowed to be unsupervised at all. Lot's of bad blood there. And she's never babysit my kids ever. I'm just glad she lives over 12 hours away and doesn't think about road trips.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I dont know, I'm not a fan of my sil*(brother's wife)* .. I have to be around her tomorrow. It's my dad's birthday and he lives with them... She will correct either me or one of my sons, because I call him dad, and my sons call him grandpa.. My sil and brother have 4 kids, my rbother adopted her 2 oldest from a previous relationship. So because her sons dont refer to my dad as grandpa her daughters dont either. She told my son's his name is JD, and thats how you will refer to him.. My sister in law is 26, my oldest son is 24.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 9:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i never thought of that steponme. lol. i like that lol
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2009