Im still deciding if getting a toddler bed or a twin bed for my 2 years old, some advice please...

We are not sure of getting a toddler bed or twin because we need the crib that she is using or just get another crib, the one that we have is convertible to a toddler bed, we tried once and she cried to bad..we are not sure what to do..
getting another crib for my little one or a twin or toddler bed for the 2 years old....

karolsofia

Asked by karolsofia at 8:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I suggest a twin bed with rails. That way it will be the last bed / bedding you have to purchase for a little while.
    mommyheymommy

Answer by mommyheymommy at 8:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• A Toddler bed will last at most about 4 1/2 so you will have to upgrade, Im looking now for the perfect twin bed for my 4yr. old I think she would have done fine in a twin but I didnt have room
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I can tell you from experience,you are better off getting a twin,and buying ,a guard for the side ,so they don't roll off.The toddlers are nice,but when they it about 3 they think those beds are for babys.and want a big boy bed.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We ended up purchasing a twin bed that did not require a box spring. We left the wood slats off and laid the mattress on the floor so that the bed rails served as the bed rails. It worked out perfect. With any change there will be an adjustment period but once we felt comfortable with her not falling out we installed the wood slats and put the mattress on. She was also around two when we purchased the twin and she was in a regular bed without any rails before she was 3. We ended up purchasing a really nice bedroom set at Ashley's for around 600.00 and considering it will probably be the last bed we will have to buy for her it was definately worth it.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 9:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We have always gotten the conversion style beds, you know the 3 in 1 cribs. However, I have a really good friend that replaced her crib with a race car bed for her son. Yeah, within a year of getting it, he refused to sleep in it because he said it wasn't a big boy bed. She thought for sure he would want to stay in a race car bed for a while. Apparently, no matter how you dress it up, around 3 or so, a toddler bed is a baby bed.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would say in my expierence to go with a twin bed. I got a toddler bed for my dd and I wish I would've just went with the twin bed. You can purchase the side rails so it will protect them. I think that toddler beds are just another way for people to make money!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Thanks everybody for your help, i think it would be the right way to get a twin bed, because getting a toddler bed means in a couple of years getting a twin bed anyway and then with my other daughter another bed...
    karolsofia

Answer by karolsofia at 9:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Put her in a regular bed.

My boys HATED it when we converted their crib but when we put them in a regular bed, they took right to it with no fussing at all.

Go with a twin bed as it's more cost effective. You'll eventually have to buy another bed other than the toddler bed, so why buy the toddler bed at all?

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My son is going to be getting a full/double bed soon. He is almost 2 1/2 and is getting too big for his toddler bed. I figure if I get him the bigger bed then we won't have to buy another one ever, just replace the mattress every so often.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2009