Help!!! I cannot seem to loose weight, I went to the Dr, and they looked at me funny at said eat right and work out. The thing is, I do, I eat soo good, 1200 cals a day, and worek out 4 times a week. Should I get a new dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• yeah! hes a jerk!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think I would
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• are you sure that's what you eat?? Do you keep a journal? How long have you been doing this? do you work out hard enough?
    Ok if you have answered yes to all these questions better get your thyroid checked!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• A doctor or doctor's office should never be derisive of their patients or anything but respectful. If you feel that you are being belittled, or that you are not being treated respectfully, then find someone else. They should at least give you a physical workup to make sure your hormones are as they should be and to rule out anything that could be hindering your efforts. It could be that you are at a plateau and will lose more in time. It is best to lose slowly so you don't lose lean tissue. Perhaps your workout isn't quite enough, maybe walk a couple more miles on your off-days.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Go to livestrong.com and join to track your calories. It is FREE:-) You might be amazed at what you are eating. If you truly are living on 1200 calories, you might want to add some really healthy food such as green smoothies (greensmothiegirl.com) to up your calories but to make them really healthful. And make sure you are getting some "good fats" like almonds, olive oil, flax seeds, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Get your thyroid checked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You're not getting enough calories. You need calories to burn calories. Sounds as if your body is in starvation mode. I have been losing more weight by eating 1400 to 1700 calories a day along with working out than when I eat under 1300 calories.
    Always expect to take the weight off slowly.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Thanks Anon 11:02 that website is awesome!
    Anonymous

• well how tall are you? How much do you weigh? are you sure you still have weight to lose? Or do you just want to be SUPER SKINNY unhealthy like?
    Anonymous

• nsot definatly get a dr. How much are you trying to lose ? Sometines jsut eating right and evercising wont work.
    GardenClub

Answer by GardenClub at 3:21 PM on Mar. 20, 2009