Such a simple solution to the economic mess

I've come up with a wonderful way to get America back on its feet. Instead of giving all this bailout money to the banks who f*&ked it up in the first place, why not give a 1/2 a million dollars to every tax payer? We can then pay our mortgages, buy new cars, and stimulate the economy. We can go shopping, thus creating jobs. We can go out to eat, thus creating jobs. We can build new houses, thus creating jobs. Why did little 'ol me think of this, and not the "brilliant" people in Washington? Is there a flaw in my plan?

my4lads

Asked by my4lads at 9:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL omg i wish
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You must have woke on the rightside of the bed this morning...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• That would be nice wouldn't it, haha.

But you knooooow half of the people wouldn't pay the bills they need to pay. They'd just jetset off to some island and blow it all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• let's sign a petition
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Actually its been said they could have sent each tax payer 100,000 and it would be the same as what theyre doing now and isnt working. I think if they had then people would have bought cars (fixed the auto industry issue), paid off their mortgage or a chunk (mortgage crisis over) and used some to buy things we otherwise might not have (putting back into the economy). But no they wanna be all stupid and give it to failing businesses.

Answer by gemgem at 9:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• That's my point gemgem....We will never see any of that money. My husband had two contracts go "poof" because the banks wouldn't lend the guy money. The guy had impeccable credit, and has other buildings (stripmalls). The banks still aren't going to lend money right now. Its not fixing anything!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• There was a email that circulated back with the first bail out. A mathematician at some university actually sat down and figured it up. I dont remember the exact number but it was something like $200,000 to every tax payer. It will never happen because this bail out is all about lining the pockets of certain people. Its not about helping the middle class, or the economy really, but keeping the mega rich, mega rich.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Why did little 'ol me think of this, and not the "brilliant" people in Washington? Is there a flaw in my plan?

The only flaw in your plan is that it's logical, fair to all taxpayers (that would exclude those in the house and senate, and certain cabinet members) and doesn't reek of "Pork". And it's obvious that there are NO "brilliant" people in Washington!

GrandmaLilla

Answer by GrandmaLilla at 10:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you should be president.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yep so are you running in 2012? lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2009