Would you be upset/mad? What would you do?

We took ds to the airport last night, he is with his dad Spring Break. He left a day early so I could bring him back a day early on my other ds birthday. So I had no reason to get up this morning, I let dd camp out on couch last night and I stayed up reading.

Well I baby sit and she subs for the schools so it is a day to day thing. She has been knowing the night before on a lot of jobs lately. This morning she calls to tell me SHE IS ON THE WAY to the house. She was almost here and I needed to wake up!! I had heard the cell ring but ignored it. So she called the house, she said so much for sleeping in today. She knows I took ds to the airport last night, I talked to her last night after I was home.

Am I wrong to be mad that she did not call before she was on her way?
I do not know why it is just hitting me the wrong today, I just wish I had time to make coffee or shower. I do not even know where she is subin

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes I would be annoyed, but I wouldn't do anything about it. Im sure you are tired and busy and dissapointed that you didn't get to sleep in. I guess if you let her do it on other days then today it is just hitting you wrong. Put in a movie and take a few minutes to yourself to wake up.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I am sure that she didn't know until this morning that she has to sub either and may feel like you too... hoping for the day off... yes it would be a bit annoying and hitting you in the wrong way today, things do that with all of us, but take a few minutes to collect your thoughts and grab that coffee and go on with your day...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• She must feel that she has a friendly relationship with you and that you wouldn't mind. Friends do take advantage, but since they are friends, we shrug it off. She was a bit out of line not calling before, but she wasn't trying to be mean, and she'd probably be upset if she knew it bothered you. I'd say let it go. If it happens again and you don't like it, then would be the time to tell her that it would help you out if she'd call first so that you have time to get yourself together.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Try to look at it from her point of view. She knew you would have had an opportunity to sleep in. So mayber her thinking was that she would let you sleep for as long as she possibly could and so she waited until the last possible moment to call you. I think chances are she thought she was being considerate, and you are reading it the other way. Just make the most of it, and let it go. At least you got a few extra minutes of rest.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies for all the responses. She had a bad night/morning and just did not call until she was on her way. I was just tired this morning so I was grumpy. I think it would have started better if the convo was not started by wake up you do not get to sleep in. I did not get any extra sleep since I was up before I would have been if my ds would have been here but oh well that is life.

Have a great day all!
    Anonymous

• you are probably more annoyed due to the lack of sleep. I'm sure she wouldn't do that if it wasn't necessary.
    scoutlifer

Answer by scoutlifer at 6:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009