How do I find out how much this coin is worth?

I have a 1928 gold one dollar peace coin that is placed in a gold wrapping (to wear as a necklace). I am trying to figure out how much it is worth. Does anyone know any sites that could tell me or where I need to go?

brown13

Asked by brown13 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• BITE IT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you probably could take it to an antique shop,they usually have books,they could look it up and tell you,if not they will know a good site. Good Luck ,I hope it is worth a fortune
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Go to a coin shop and ask them how much it's worth. I took a coin to a jewelery store that also specializes in coins and other items and they told me no problem (it wasn't worth anything).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Google it. If you take it to an antique shop they might tell you it's worth less so they can buy it from you.

I know there are sites for comic books where you can look up prices so I don't doubt there is one for coins.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 7:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Go to a coin collector

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Just sold a foreign gold coin made into a pendant about a month ago. It is no longer considered a coin but will be purchased for its gold weight (which is high right now), got about 250 dollars for it. What you get will depend on current price of gold, its purity and weight. I went to a coin shop that has been in business for over 20 years.
    LISATV

Answer by LISATV at 9:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2009