what's your hobby?

so we just established that i need a hobby, what should i do? im not good at anything really, i guess you can say im a 'jack of all trades master of none'

what do you ladies do i need examples!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 9:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do photography, counted cross stitch, scrapbook and read.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• whats cross stitch?

and reading thats a good one! i have a few stephen king books i havent picked up yet
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I like to read, I really want to make a quilt but I never have. I don't sew so I would have to learn. I like to go for walks and try new hiking trails. I just start bike riding...made my butt so sore!! Ilove to buy stuff and paint it for my house. Like lamps or picture frames (I spray paint). I sometimes go to the pottery place and paint..Love it!! But it gets expensive. We swim about 3 times a week in an indoor pool. I want to garden but never have. Im a bad example because Im a single mom so limited time and money. Just try things til you find something you really like. My cousin makes jewelry..you can take a class at a craft store the beads are beautiful!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• oh the pottery place sounds like a good idea... what was that movie where the wife left that dude so he started making ceramics and he sucked at it? lol
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• It is a type of sewing you take a fabric such as Aida, or Linen which is my favorite and you take a pattern and you count out the squares and start sewing you should google it you might like it, it is very relaxing and a good way to destress.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• OH okay i know what that is.... i think im going to look at classes for hobbies... im in school but its for my education and not personal enrichment....
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I am with lapcounter, I cross stitch and find it sooo relaxing. A lot of women are intimidated by this craft but it is not nearly as complicated as it seems. You may want to try a pre-stamped pattern, these have guides for the colors of cloth and where each goes, as well as the X's already printed on the fabric. Kind of helps beginers get their feet wet. The one's you do from scratch are much more fun though and much more artistic and creative. You can even take a pattern or pic you like and make your own out on graph paper. You can use satin ribbon and beads..the possibilities are endless. I also love to quilt, read, and cook.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Scrapbooking & Trying to learn crochet.
    I also love to read
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My problem is I hardly ever finish what I start. This is why I suck at having hobbies lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 20, 2009