My almost 9 year old daughter who is very petite has a lump under just one nipple. Is this normal and the start of puberty or should I be worried. It is the size of a nickel??

MomofTripsinAtl

Asked by MomofTripsinAtl at 9:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I dont think it is normal. She is really young so it may just be a calcium deposit. I would still take her to the dr though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• it is normal to have little knots,but I would take her to the Dr.I'm sure it is ok,probably,just a benign cyst,but I would feel better if ya took her. good luck,and let us know
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I agree, I'd take her just for the peace of mind and so that in the future you'd have a better idea of what they are if it happens again.

Answer by Bmat at 10:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i have two daughters and when they got ready to start puberty they got a lump in one breast way before the other I think it is normal. In fact I took my oldest to the DR when it happened to her and he said it was normal
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 7:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My advice, anytime there is anything suspicious ask the Doctors first, and then come back to CM and tell us about it. We are not doctors here, all we can do is give you advice or our opinions based upon our own experiences. When it comes to the safety and well-being of your children, it's a no-brainer, take her to the doctor. Take your child to the doctor anytime you want. That's why they did the 14-16 years of schooling/training.

I hope that it turns out to be nothing. I will keep her in my prayers.
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 12:10 AM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It's very normal. I freaked out when my daughter developed the same thing lol. It's just puberty. Boy was i in shock!!!
    southermomof3

Answer by southermomof3 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2009

• It's normal. She just starting puberty. It's perfectly normal for one breast to develop first.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Okay....I am hoping it is normal and I am glad some people think it is normal based on their experiences, but I hope you will follow up with the doctor. Every situation is different!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2009