Are you worried about our country and the state of the economy?

How do you feel about the way things are going? I'm old enough to remember the patriotism, solidarity, and community this country used to have. Where did it go? Why is it so hard to make friends in todays "world"? I moved to a new state and I've been there for 3 years...I know my neighbors generally, but not in a close way. How do you meet people today? I digressed...anyway...how do you feel?...do you think our nation will ever be what it once was?

CG303

Asked by CG303 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nothing ever stays the same so no, I don't think things will ever get back to the way they were. In my opinion, american society in general, has become very self centered.

I don't worry about the economy personally (except for investments) because my husband won't be getting fired from the military anytime soon but I think about others in the country who are really struggling.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 10:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, as long as our "president" is in office, this country will continue into the depths of hell at record speed. He's such an ego maniac, he cannot admit he doesn't have a clue what he's doing,and is actually doing more harm than good. If he really cared, he'd leave,and take Biden, Pelosi and Reid with him,and all of them go live in a cave somewhere, far,far from Washington.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i demand a constitutional convention.

i contend that our government has committed an abuse of power.

i contend that the peoples money should not go for the govt expenses. the BUDGET is for the government.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes I think this nation is falling apart, the president we have is letting it crumble.

We really need to stand together and reunity, but sadly, I don't think that will ever happen..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Que Sera, Sera

I am a supporter of the enterprising mindset, but I have no say (speaking power) about the future direction of this country. So I go where rumor has it, China. I am already helping an admixture company from Beijing to root itself in Houston. I got the contact from my former business in advertising.

If there are those who say that I am not patriotic, any business within our borders is our own American taxbase.

It is too difficult to buttheads with democratic socialists that are destroying the foundation of our country. So I find a solution.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I am so very glad to see this question being asked! Like jackalswife my husband also serves in the military. I am content with his job security but nothing else. Our country is in a state of emergency. I am a news junkie and I do my research. First the morals of our country have basically become nonexistent. That right there will be our demise.

As for the economy...GREED! AIG, Citigroup, etc. The sad thing is they are not the only bad guys in this whole "charlie foxtrot." (please accept my apologies for using an military acronym but it is the only way to describe it) Senator Christopher Dodd sat in on the negotiations with AIG and agreed on putting in the clause that allowed for the $165M bonuses! On Wednesday morning he said he had nothing to do with it then yesterday morning he said he was mistaken and did sit in on the negotiations. Why is this man not being held accountable for his lies???
    MommieOfAnAngel

Answer by MommieOfAnAngel at 1:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Ok, so 940 characters is not enough for me to answer this! LOL! As I was saying...Senator Dodd is supposed to be representing us! On the same day the Federal Reserve stated it was pumping $1 trillion into the economy to help pay America's debts. That in itself is a red flag that our country will soon see its collapse. The value of the dollar will fold.

I am a very optimistic person, believe it or not. I just do not want to be blindsided by what is going to happen. I need to be informed for the sake of my family. We need more leaders like Mike Hukabee to get our country out of peril.
    MommieOfAnAngel

Answer by MommieOfAnAngel at 1:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• MommieofAnAngel, I agree with you. I would have loved to see Mike Huckabee get farther than he did. He would have made a great President. Hopefully, he'll run in 2012,and we can get him elected then.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I just love how the fall of our economy and the moral shift of the citizens of this country have all deteriorated because of the president who has been in office for less than 2 months.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I don't think anyone believes that the moral decay of the country and demise of the economy is solely dedicated to the last two months of this administration. The collapse has been coming for a long time and, to a great degree, in my opinion has been hid by several administrations. The backbone of America rests on it's citizens and their will to rise above this. I can see from the outcry of many that they have had enough. It may not be the fault of this administration, but by vote it is now in their hands to do what they can to scrape us back together. I'm sorry to say, that with all the political backbiting, it will come to late to "prop" us back up. We'll have to wait and see...but it doesn't look good from where I'm sitting. Thank you to all those who are serving our country in the military. You are much appreciated and, in my heart, you are not forgotten.

CG303

Answer by CG303 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009