How do I get candle wax out of the holder after the candle is used.

I have these wonderful glass candle holders for votives but once I burn the candle in them I can't get the used wax out to re-use the holder.

bonn777

Asked by bonn777 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Pour hot water on the outside till the wax inside is loosened, but DON'T LET THE WAX GO DOWN THE SINK!!! When you have most of it out and there is just a little left wipe the inside with an old rag or a paper towel till it is all gone.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Put them in the freezer then chip it out.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, definitely put the candle holder in the freezer, most times it will just pop right out no problem.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I'll have to try the freezer method. I get a bowl of hot water and dip the holder, wax side up, into the water until the wax is a little softened on the very outside of the candle, then I pop it out.

Answer by Bmat at 12:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I've tried freezing and heating it back up but I get super impatient....I have a couple extra citrus peelers (Pampered Chef, Tupperware etc) and I just chip it out with that...it's soft enough that it doesn't scratch the holder and is small enough to get into any type of holder.
    good luck!
    busybee76

Answer by busybee76 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009

• the freezer works for me.it just comes right out.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 11:35 PM on Mar. 22, 2009