how to increase my baby's weight

GARGE

Asked by GARGE at 10:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This depends on why you feel the baby is underweight. Some babies are just smaller than others. If your baby is pooping regularly and making wet diapers, there isn't much you can do. This also depends on how old the baby is, what the doctor says about it etc. If you are concerned that the baby is not gaining weight, take him to the doc and tell him your concerns. He may tell you baby is fine and just small or if he blws you off then go see another doc til someone listens if it means that much to you
    KEHMom

Answer by KEHMom at 10:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• depends. my dd had special formula b/c she was underweight. Could just need to add foods or baby may be fine as he/she is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my baby is 4 months and when he went to his 4 month check up he weight 14 pounds and 8.8 onces and was 25 3/4inches long. the doctor said he is a bit under weight but he is perfectly fine. they said he was very long or tall for his age which is probley why he is a bit under weight. maybe its becaus eits the length of your lil one. =)

hope this helped.
    beachbabewdj08

Answer by beachbabewdj08 at 1:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Don't try and squeeze your child into the "average" end of the growth percentages- that can be dangerous & very unhealthy! Like pp said- all kids are built different. If your baby is growing normal and the ped is not concerned- Why are you? My kids grew very different from each other- my son always average or a bit big- My daughter always very tall and lighter then average- Its just how they where created : ) As long as babies growth is steady- not decreasing- then all is fine.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2009