need more advice -

I asked this question last night && i think cafemom was dead lol -

But anywho - Im 37 weeks & 4days && at my last apt. I was told that im 1cm dilated && 60 % effaced/thinned...

Now effacement && thinning is the same thing right?
&& could this mean im gonna go soon? -
I have been having alot of pain && pressure as well.

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am sorry to say that it could be days or weeks. I was a couple cms for a couple weeks before i went into actual labor. And pain and pressure are part of the awful end of being pregnant. Hang in there, it will be soon enough!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I just got back from the doctor and he said that could feel the babies head and that I was dilated to a finger tip, but he said that I could stay like that for a looo0onnnggg time..luckly they don't want me to go past 39 weeks so I won't have to wait too long if I don't dilate any more.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• no it doesnt mean anything for how soon it could be it could be later tonight or in a week good luck tho i hope it is sooner rather then later
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• effacement means the babies head is turn to the biirthing possition, upside down. Thinning is the uterous thinning out so u can dialated more. and no it doesnt mean your going to have the baby soon like this week soon. you very well could, but it all depends on the baby. gl
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2009