Be honest.. have you ever judged or bashed another mother because her parenting style is different from yours?

I try not to and most of the time i do pretty good, but i admit i HAVE on occasion silently judged others.. never bashed though

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I will be honest.. yes. Not proud of it. and I try my best never to verbalize my judgments. But sometimes you get this gut judgment. Not proud of it. but I am human and willing to admit it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• well juging only if shes being a horrible mother like partying all the time ans pawning her kids off on others, but not for things like formula feeding or anything
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• No, I may not agree with how she may be doing something, and I may give suggestions wither she uses them or not is her business, but I am no judge... nor will I bash her...
     We were not given manuals when becoming a parent... so it's a trial and error journey for us...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I told my sister she need to grow up and be a mother because she was getting trashed and passing out in the floor on a regular basis while her 5 year old took care (and clean up after) her and her other two kids.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I don't say "Wow she's a horrible mother" ... I say "I wouldn't do that" ... big difference.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think we all do in some way or another. especially if the style seems waaaay off the wall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I do judge others parenting decisions. I don't think "Oh that person is a horrible mom (unless she really is!)" but I do think "why didn't she educate herself more on this subject?" "Doesn't she know there is a better way" stuff like that.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Ive definetly judged other mothers to myself at times. There are times when I judge the parenting styles of my friends or their decisions, but lets be honest its human. Everyone judges everyone else to some extent. Nobody has all the answers, and no one knows your kids better than you, so as long as your taking care of them you should do what you feel is best.
    anismami

Answer by anismami at 1:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Judged? Yes. Bashed? No.
    Anonymous

• I judged,and had to confront One Mother,of Five(under the ages of Six),She let her children run under the racks of hanging ladies shirts,then one of the older children USED one of the sleeves of a shirt and WIPED his nose,DISgusting,then pulled it down and kicked it under another rack,If ever a moment....yuk~I called it to her attention,and was very delicate & polite....she accused me of not having enough to do BUT pick on HER children!!! By the way,My son of seven,seen the whole event & couldn't believe what he just witnessed,To set the record of RIGHT and WRONG manners....It was the worst case scenario of undisciplined or uneducated manners a MOTHER can pass onto her children....SHAME ON HER~ so uncomfortable,and then I was approached by an employee,and proceeded to state what had just happened,for she made claim that she heard most of the conversation from afar,plus another Mother approached me and Said WELL DONE !!
    Beeesmom

Answer by Beeesmom at 2:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009