Would it upset you if your husbands ex is still calling him?

They were never married. They share an adult son. She was horrid the entire childhood of their son and used him as a pawn. We've been married 16 years.

steponme

Asked by steponme at 10:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• yes i'd be upset, i'd first ask husband to tell her to stop calling & to make it clear that as their son is now grown up she has no reason to call him, if that dosen't work tell her yourself..
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• are you married to my husband lol no she knows not to call my house
    j-dub09

Answer by j-dub09 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Since he has moved on, it seems odd that she'd continue the tie. It may be more from habit. He could gently tell her that is time to let go and find a fulfilling life without him in it. But it is up to him. You could gently suggest it, and if he says no, then for your information, and not in a threatening or accusing manner, as him why. If he seems reluctant to discuss it, then you may have to back off, but I'd think after 16 years of marriage that he'd be willing to discuss.

Answer by Bmat at 10:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• um he needs to close that door already
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• What would upset me is that he has apparently never told her to stop or if he has told her, that he has never stopped answering.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, he does need to close that door, especially since the child they share is now an adult. What does she get out of calling him? Are they on friendly terms? To answer your question, yes, I'd be upset about it.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• id be very upset, put a stop to it or it will tear you guys apart. he has an ADULT son correct? then he has no strings to the mom , only his son. good luck momma!
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 11:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• oh give me a break. Not all of we exs are trying to get back with these men. If we wanted them we'd have fought harder to keep them. He's been with you 16 yrs. You have nothing to fear. I have to call my x about our adult children sometimes. I certainly don't want him back. My adult daughters talk to their exs all the time and their men don't think anything of it. If it bothers you that much then call her and tell her and ask her to stop. That sort of makes you look bad though and will make her think her calling is affecting your marriage. It's your call.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think if he had something going on, he wouldnt do it right in front of you. And, if you don't like it..talk to him about it, maybe he'll work something else out. Plus, if his son is adult..I surely don't think he would NEED to talk to his ex in the first place. I'm sure it's just about the kid in this one. 16 years is along time to ruin something over the past. =]
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Get over it already!
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009