do you know one of 'those' moms?

the ones that pawn their kids off on other people and party every night? i mean dont get me wrong i party maybe once a month its good to get out and i KNOW being a parent is hard believe you me but i know a couple moms like this (and no jennie not kat shes a great mother :p) and i think its not fair to the baby

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 10:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree. I take care of one of those babies everyday. I have practically raised my nephew.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, I sure do. She starts partying Thursday night and stops on Sunday. She has 4 kids. It's really pathetic, and I feel sorry for her kids and husband. Don't get me wrong I go out sometimes, but I don't feel the need to party 3-4 days out of the week. That's not fair to the kids.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 10:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i mean maybe even once a week thats fine but i think once you become a parent you need to prioritize :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I totally agree. Once a week we get together with our friends and have a few drinks or we go out, but it doesn't turn into an all weekend thing. Well, lately it's been once a week and they're already in bed asleep when the sitter gets here. So we do our movie, reading and playing games before we go out.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 10:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• So, I guess I do go out more than sometimes, but it doesn't cut into the time I spend with my kiddos.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 10:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i mean the moms who do it ALL the time :] once a week is perfectly fine and healthy
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My husband and I get to party once a year together!! Separately maybe two or three times a year. I don't feel right imposing my kids on someone else constantly to drink. Oh you want one that's really bad....I know women out here who leave their kids home alone, while they drink at the bar. These kids are not old enough to be alone, were talking eight year olds, four year olds!! Get help if you need a drink this bad, your kids are suffering, I know what it's like to have an alcoholic for a parent. It hurts.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my dads a recovering alcoholic... it does hurt
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• oh and avaitor i meant like they stay out all night an dont come home until the morning always :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• my friends mom was like that. She'd make her oldest daughter watch the baby while she went out and partied every weekend. so sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009