more teething questions

Is a runny nose (clear not green) a symtom of teething? I looked it up online and it said yes but the baby orajel bottle says no. my dd also has a bad cough, is that just teething or no.

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just a runny nose can be a sign... but if he also has a bad cough I would say more likey a cold
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Teething can cause many things in a baby... Runny nose being one of them. Neither of my children had a cough that accompanied teething, but there is really no medication that can be given if your child is only months old. Run a humidifier in the baby's room. thats what the Dr usually says, and it seems to work pretty good for my daughter... Good Luck
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 10:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Mine got a runny nose when she cut her first two teeth. I think it's a symptom of teething. If the cough is bad and last for more than a day or two, I would check with babies doctor.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• she is teething for sure, bause her first tooth started through yesterday, i just am wondering if she could be sick too
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• she could be sick and teething. that happened to my little girl when she was younger. i gave her oral gel and tylenol and warm bathes.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sometimes when they are teething and have a lot of drool it can drain in their throat and give them a cough along with that, I guess it would be safe to ask her pedi.
    Anonymous