how do you get your child to stop showing out when you're in public places

showing their butts in public place

troublemama

Asked by troublemama at 10:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• keep them dressed?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You can try bribing them. I tried to ignore my son's acting out sometimes, but mostly that was impossible! My son would want a toy or candy at the checkout in the store and if he had been a trying child, he wouldn't get what he wanted. I also, have no problems putting a treat back. If your child is very attached to you and wants to do what you're doing with you, maybe get a babysitter next time you need to be out and about and when they ask why they can't go with you, tell them that until they can behave appropriately, that you can't take them along and have to fight with them and get done what you need to get done.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 10:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i dont let her get away with it and just cause were in public i will yell or disapline them .i dont care how other people react to it .if you let them get away with it ,it will only get worst
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When mine act ugly I take them out to the car and then home and I tell them I won't take them back for a LONG time. Usually works, good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I take care of it right then & there!! If you let them get away with it they know you wont do nothing to them so thats why they act up.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sorry im abuster.. An if that doesnt work then "the look" will for sure... lol
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• You have to show them right then and there that you are not going to tolerate it. I will take my son to the car for a pop in a minute...or a quick threat in his ear to let him know that if he doesn't stop I'm going to get him when we leave. Be consistent and remind them how to behave before you leave the house.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 5:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2009