How do you know?

What are the signs that your baby has allergy's to a certain food?? I just started vegetables and for 2 days we have done squash and last night I noticed little red bumps on her belly! Is this an allergy to it? and if not what could it be????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ask the Dr if in doubt- my son was allergic to APPLES of all things- he threw up and broke out in hives- HOWEVER- when he turned 2 the allergy stopped- this CAN happen- his Dr told meof the possiblity and so around his 2nd bday I just tried some fruit juice (even that made him sick) and he was fine- little by little I tried more apple foods and he did great- just talk to your Dr :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 11:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• little red bumps were a sign of an allergic reaction fro my dd. they started on her back then spread to her belly, arms, neck, face and head! But rash can mean anything, best to have a professional tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• if it breaks out in red, thats how i knew my daughter was allergic to certain foods. my daughter couldnt have anything citrus... =/

i was told to give my daughter benadryll. =/ but she was like a year old when i gave it to her. so idk.. call your pedi
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We are figuring this out also - my son gets little red spots on his face - looks like red freckles cause they aren't inflammed at all. then his ezcema on his butt starts getting really itchy and he scratches it til it bleeds. So far we have found it to be whole milk and apples..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would say to ask the doctor. The doctor told me to watch for diaper rash, and a rash around the mouth, but every baby is different,.
    Babygirl24679

Answer by Babygirl24679 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009