Is there a way?

There is no history of Twins in my family.
There is no history of Twins in my fiance's family.

Is there a way that we could make Twins? Or would nature just have to take its course and hopefully we just get lucky for twins...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just gotta let nature do its thing and if you want them then hope for them .... runs in my family if i could id give that to ya lol im scared to even maybe have twins
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Anyone can get pregnant with twins.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Anyone can get pregnant with twins, that is right. However, it's all up to nature. There is nothing you can do to increase your chances of having twins. You have a higher change IF it runs in your family.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Just keep hoping. DH is a twin and my mom has twin cousins and we only got one. As did my SIL so, it's all about nature.
    JamieW

Answer by JamieW at 11:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• its all about nature, me and my SO have no idea where our twins came from lol i dont know my mom or her side of the family and he doesnt know his dad and his side of the family, also his birth mom doesnt know her parents. so were all like ok what ever TWINS yay!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Fraternal twins are the most common and as far as they go and genetics, it has nothing to do with the father of the babies and whether he is a twin. Your body is the one releasing two eggs and he has nothing to do with that. He's just providing the sperm to fertilize them. If you have a girl, then she could very well have twins when she gets pregnant. Of course anyone can have twins, but if your SO is a twin it doesn't increase your odds in the least.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 20, 2009