My DH and I have been together almost 9 years..

Our son is a toddler, and keeps us very busy. We dont have much help with him, so we dont have much time for sex. And my dh works alot so by the time we get our son to bed and lay down, we are so tired and exhausted that we dont have the energy to have sex. We are 24 and 25 years old. I feel like our sex lives should be more exciting! But we are only having sex , maybe, 2 times a week. Anyone else having this problem. I just need some!lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• hah you get 2 times a week! i get 2 times a month!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• when i was with my baby father it was once or twice every 3 weeks
    Love_My_Lil_One

Answer by Love_My_Lil_One at 11:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you get it more than me lol and im barely gonna be 21 and SO is gonna be 23
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I am lucky to get it once to three times a month, and my DH doesn't even work!
    mandic

Answer by mandic at 12:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• yeah I'm lucky if its once week. . .more like every otehr week lol
    Anonymous

• The issue is not quantity but quality. Not even of the sex, but the relationship. Sex is wonderful and all of that, but if your relationship is strong you can endure a season of less sex than either of you probably would like. Focus on things like cuddling and communication to keep your relationship strong.

I say this from experience, I am a 44 year old woman who went through this stage with my DH, who is 49. Our kids are older now and we haave a wonderful strong relationship. Sex is great too, not as frequent as when we were younger, at our age everything slows down. But that's O.K. because I know sex doesn't equal love and love doesn't equal sex.
    Anonymous

• Actually 2x a week is not bad, enjoy it now because it will get worse in 10 years! lol
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:39 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sounds like you have more sex then most LOL
    I know you guys are tired but maybe on his day off try to spice things up a bit. Get your son to go to bed a lil earlier maybe and spend time enjoying each other - everthing else can wait until the next day ;o)
    Anonymous

• 2x a week is not bad at all. My hubby and I have been married for 13 years and we have 3 kids ages 11, 10, and 4. For us, average is twice a week. We have to make time for it sometimes because we have to make sure our kids are not home or are sleeping. Often, it will be like 11PM and one of us is too tired, but we do make time once or twice a week to just put everything else aside and concentrate on each other. That is what matters, not the quantity. If you are fully enjoying it, and concentrating on it rather than housework, kids, etc then that is what is important. But, 2x a week is not a horrible amount!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I have been with DH for 8 years and we have a 4 yr old and a baby on the way... My hubby and I would love to have more sex but it has gotten to the point that once we are all settled in for the night we are both exhausted! It has gotten worse since I have gotten pregnant cause my sex drive went away (I have always had a high sex drive!) and I would just much rather sleep now.... There are highs and lows... maybe you guys just hit a low. I would say not to worry too much about it... it is obviously something every married couple with children go through.

By the way, twice a week is good... We are at about once every two weeks... Hopefully it will pick back up after the baby is born... then again that sounds tiring even then!!!
    Anonymous