any women whos man had the big snip.. just a question,

my husband had the "major" sugery as he puts it lol. but now is the time to give the lab a "sample" if he does it the night before do we refrigarate it? or do u just leave it out till its time to drop it off? what did u ladies do or what did your husbands do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my hubbys dr told him to put it in the fridge until we can get it in- told us it can be done the night before but bring it in right away in the morning. He does his sample in May so I think he will probably just do it that morning & take it in. His main worry is "how much do I need to get in there?!" LOL!
    and yes ladies you shouldent skip the follow up!!!!! You can definatly still get pregnant while your man is snipped. Two of my husbands co-workers wives got pregnant after the big snip and had to have it re-done! It sometimes takes a long time for the sperm to get out of the system to- we will NOT be risking it & will get all the additional samples done (one at 6 weeks, one at a year and one every 5 years after that!!
    Anonymous

• my hubby had the snip but I just could not do that part, but it should work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My Hubby had it done last yr and didn't give the sample, it's been a yr and no worries so we didn't stress over it... I wouldn't think doing it the night before is a good idea, sorry I couln't help...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My husband had it, gave his sample. He was told it had to be fresh...within two hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• we had the snipper we did it that morning..actually i think he did it in his office.please go back for the follow up.his dr told him that most woman get pregnant because they dont go back for the follow up..it took my husband 6 months to bring his sperm count down...hes italian.lol
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• i know this might be tmi but i called the doc yesturday and said we will drop off a sample the next day (today) and seeing how he has to work i helped him out lastnight *wink wink* and its in the fridge ( they provided a cup lol ) its in a brown bag so u dont see it. i just dont want to drive down there for them to be like ohhh u refrigrated it.. sorry. so im just wondering if its ok to put it there till i can get down there. i tried calling but the wait time is 20 mins
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• whats the big snip?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2009