For moms of lil boys.. what are you teaching your son to call his lower unit?

WE personally are teaching our son to call it his pee-pee and not his penis for now because he is the type of kid with a lagre vocab but will blurt things out .. so i think its easier to play off in public if says i have a pee pee - which he HAS DONE! we can just say oh you gota go pee pee.. ok lets go.. but if he blurts out he has a penis.. little harder.. so im jsut curious if you are teaching your toddler the "right name" for it or something else?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah lol pee pee was what i will want him to call it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• He is going to say a lot of things that will make you cringe. My nephew went through a phase at 3 where he told everyone that they had gas. It was not cute.
    I would go with pee pee for now.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I taught them to say penis. If they blurted out peepee in public everyone would know what it referred to anyway, and I didn't want them to think they need to use other words for private parts. But now that I think of it, I did have them say potty instead of toilet. My friend, who had the same philosophy about calling parts by their correct name, also used urinate and BM, instead of other words.

Answer by Bmat at 11:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Hubby once told son to stop playing with his junk. DS found that hilarious and still calls it that! I really don't like it, lol. He does know the proper term is penis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• we call it a pee pee my dd age 11 says mom he keeps playing with his tic tac.lol. but its pee pee
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• lol junk
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We tell him it's his penis.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• PeePee but at school he learned to call it a WeeWee lol
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 11:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We call it his penis also, its not a bad word, you know ;)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• peepee.

there's nothing wrong with penis, it's just easier for him to say peepee, he's 15 months.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 20, 2009