What pain relief method did you use for labor?

Example: lamaze, bradley, music, breathing, water, massage, IV medication, Epidural etc etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• FOOT MASSAGE OR HAND MASSAGE
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I loved rocking in a rocking chair. It took my mind off things.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My first, I got an epidural, I tried not too, but I started contracting on a wednesday night and he did not come until Friday afternoon soooo..........

With my daughter, I didn't do anything special, tried to breathe through it, but just dealt with it the best i could, lol
    onyourterms

Answer by onyourterms at 11:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• first kid epideral. 2nd baby he came out to fast no time so 2nd was all natural. but i did yell for drugs.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• with my first the epi cause it all came on at once i couldnt handle it . with this one i really want to try no drugs, but we will see.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I INTEND on having the legal limit of drugs when i go into labour. Gas and air/epidural/pethidine. The whole shabang.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 11:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• For my 24 hours of labor with my 9lb 6oz, "Sunny-Side-Up" baby that didn't want to come out? An epidural. Despite the epi, delivery still hurt like hell and I still felt my stitches afterward too. Nice right?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had a shot of something in my IV to help calm me down - it didnt help. With my last (I have 3 kids) the dr rubbed my lower back and they put wet wash cloths on my body to help - that was about it besides just sucking it up and dealing with it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My 2 sons came sunny-side-up also... that is the worst pain EVER right there. I did it with no pain meds with all 3 of my kids... tried breathing.. that dosent help - I just kind of had to deal with it.
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 11:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had hubby rub my back....other then that I counted when I had pain or deep breathing....Yeah I went with out any pain meds
    mommy_of-2

Answer by mommy_of-2 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2009