water breaking or just pee? TMI.

I woke up this morning and went to put pants on to go to the bathroom & i had this trickle that i couldnt control. Im thinking that maybe from sleeping my bladder was full but could it be water breaking? or somewhat breaking? it was a trickle i couldnt control & than i went to the bathroom & i havent had anything since than. just pressure and pain, but it seems like i have a feeling of having to pee alot but dont have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmm something like that you really should go get checked. it could had been a pee leak lol . or you could have broke your water . i personally would go to L&D and get checked just to be safe .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• When you are standing I don't think you leak as much because the babys head could be blocking it. Lay down again and see if you still trickle. How far along are you? Because it sounds like your water broke.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• im 37 almost 38 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• id go get checked . since your that far along it is more possible that it did break
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• should i just call & see? -
    You know the feeling of when you pee & it comes out.... Well i have that feeling like its right at the "hole" but doesnt come out && im crampy through my back and sides.
    Anonymous

• if you call your dr they will tell you to go in . i mean yes you should call your dr , but with things like this they usually say go get checked just incase . i personally would give them a call and then head in all they have to do is take a swab and if the tip turns a diff color then it was your water if not they will send you home .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I totally agree with Mrs.Owen86 but I did want to add that last night I read a story online about a lady who had a slow leak and the babies head would block the hole so it only leaked every once in a while...well all of the ph tests were negative but sure enough she was leaking. They were negative because when they tested her she wasn't leaking at the moment. I found that so weird but if you think about it it does make sense.
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I peed myself at 39 weeks. I didn't feel like I was peeing and thought my water broke, but my doctor said to smell it. I know, sounds nasty, but he said if it smells like bleach, my water probably broke, but if it smells like urine, its just pee.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009