What do you put in Easter baskets?

Do you just put smaller stuff in your child(ren)'s Easter basket or do you put larger (more expensive) stuff in it too?

I usually put cheap stuff in my kids baskets like bubbles, coloring books, jump ropes, and candy. I get stuff on clearance the year before or I go to the dollar store. I have a friend though that spends quite a bit on Easter baskets. She puts things like DVD's, barbie dolls, and magna doodles (the full size kind) which is ok if you don't complain about money everyother day (but that's another subject...lol).
I was just curious to see what other moms do. I will say for the my kids first Easter I did do more expensive things. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do things she will need. I hate getting little stuff that I will want to throw away in a week and we get way too much jusnk food so I try not to buy very much candy. I am putting a beach towel ($7 from Walmart) and a swim suit cover up (also from walmart) then I did little stuff like sidewalk chalk because she uses alot of it in the summer, new markers and some candy and a tiny stuffed bunny because she is obsessed with stuffed animals. I spent $25 and I reuse the same basket every year. I have given bubbles and jumpropes before...but she didn't need those this yr..so i went for the sidewalk chalk.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I usually do cheap stuff like bubbles, sidewalk chalk, balls, fun socks, books and "good" chocolate. My husband always add something more pricey such as a DVD or video game.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 11:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• This will be our first Easter with our son. I'll probably just fill it with nice chocolates that I can eat! Since he's too young for candy right now. My mother always did just candies, that's it. That's what I'll do too. Sometimes our Grandparents would give us a stuffed animal or something. But it's not like Christmas! I think that jump ropes and bubbles are a great idea since it's the beginning of spring and those are fun outside games. Maybe even some sidewalk chalk would be fun. I think Barbies and DVD's are over the top and not necessary for Easter.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Inexpensive little items. She'll be getting some little paint stamps, a little storybook, her very own pencils (she's 2.5 and starting to try to write her letters), maybe some playdoh, and a little bit of candy. The candy will be decent stuff, though.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I put in good candy and chocolate, and toys too. Usually a few small things like bubbles and sidewalk chalk and coloring books. I also will put in one bigger thing, like a DVD or game.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I do a mixture of both. I will put a few expensive toys in there and then fill it with a bunch of other little things like bubbles, crayons, coloring books, candy, etc. I try to stay away from too much candy because it just isn't good for you but maybe one package of something, a few other little food items and then random things. But I do put a few "expensive" things in there.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 11:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Just whatever we see thats cute - usually its a tiny toy (like a matchbox car) and then a stuffed bunny and some candy & outdoor stuff --- last year they wanted the already made up baskets & do again this year =( and while I wanted them bad when I was a kid & so did hubby we never got anything like that (even tho all the kids around us did) so we feel bad and buy them those now.
    Anonymous

• my son gets small things like cars, crayons, bubbles and a little bit of candy. he doesnt candy other than holidays though. i dont spend much money on it, maybe $20.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Cheaper stuff. Like hot wheels or small books,etc.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I do something a little more expensive. Our son is two. So something 10 to $15. Then fill a basket with candy, bubbles, sidewalk chalk and I seen these Fisherprice eggs with little stuffed animals such as the Wonder PEts. CUTE!!!
    Anonymous