BREAST FEEDING & MISSED PERIODS??[[[ pregnancy]]

ok/.. so i've heard that breastfeedin makes you miss your period.. so heres my question... how do you know when and if ur pregnant??

kokopuffs

Asked by kokopuffs at 11:49 AM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• in that case- when you start to feel like you are- take a test.

I breastfed my kids 9 to 13 months and I always started m y period at 3 months. but some people never have a period the the whole tiime.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:10 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• We are going 7 months breastfeeding & I still havent got a period yet.
    I think if you show signs of pregnancy like tender breasts, morning sickness etc then take a test or if you feel that maybe one month you werent as protected as you thought you should be & think theres a chance then take a test
    mrslloyd

Answer by mrslloyd at 12:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I breastfed my daughter until she was about 6 months, and didnt get my period until she was around 12 or 13 months. So it is normal to not have a period when your breastfeeding (thats a hidden bonus!) lol but if your worried just take a test to be sure.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you can answer yes to the following three questions, your risk of pregnancy is less than two percent.

1. Is your infant less than six months old?
    2. Are you amenorrheic, that is, are your menstrual periods absent?
    3. Is your baby breastfeeding around the clock without receiving other foods, beverages or pacifiers?

Typically, most mothers don't go from one pregnancy to another without menstruating.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2009