Can you develop allergies as an adult????

I am almost 27 years old haven't ever had allergies before, but when I was pregnant with my second baby 14 months ago I seemed to have a stuffy nose all the time but not coughing. I thought it was from my sinuses from being pregnant, but now 14 months later I am still doing this. Can I have developed allergies at 27 years old??? My nose is stuffed up a lot, but I don't cough or anything. If it is allergies can I just take that zertec from over the counter? My oldest has allergies and that is what the doctor put her on before it came out over the counter. Oh I also wanted to know if I have spinal cord damage if that can cause my nose to be stuffy a lot?? I am seeing a nerologist (loong story) but I may have damage of the spine. Can that cause a stuffy nose or is it allergies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• Yes, you can develop allergies and/or asthma anytime in your life.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Even though I was raised with two cats as a child, I have sensitivity to cats as an adult.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:05 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes, you can. I was raised in a home that had rabbits, horses, dogs, cats, birds... etc. I moved out when I graduated.. and now everytime I go back to my parents house I always end up having horrible allergies from all of the animals!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes you can develop allergies at any point. Actually a lot of people develop things like allergies or asthma after giving birth because of all the changes your body goes through during the pregnancy and delivery.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009