placenta previa w/ early contactions and pressur

18 weeks with placenta previa, having a lot of bad cramping and alot of prssure

AYENOI

Asked by AYENOI at 12:09 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh i have had real contractios on and off for about two weeks nw, so idk if the cramping at the moment is the contractions or not....
    AYENOI

Answer by AYENOI at 12:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• you should go to the dr then. you should be checked to make sure it isnt contractions .you are really early so if it is preterm labor you need to have them stopped . i say call your dr and let them know asap .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:11 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I had placenta previa too.

Is it righting itself out? Or is it going to be permanent...?

Mine eventually made it's way up...but if you're worried, call the doc to ease your mind if nothing else.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 12:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• at 18 weeks I wouldn't even stress the previa. Call your doctor if you are worried about the cramping. I had TONS with my previa, and I was bleeding.. I found it at 15.5 weeks because I was bleeding heavily and went to the ER. I continued to bleed/spot for the next 3.5 weeks, but at my 20 w us the previa had completely cleared.

90 percent of them clear up on there own and there is no need to worry about the previa aspect just yet. :)

As for the cramping, call your doc/midwife and ask. *I* wasn't worried about my cramping and pressure because it was normal for me, and my issues. You know your body. If you feel something's off, call!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:45 PM on Mar. 20, 2009