• In the Spotlight:

Has your child had any negative reactions to a vaccine?

Beyond the typical fussiness and fever, of course.

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• No, and I will vaccinate my next child as well. It is their to save their lives. I have gotten all of my vaccines and I am still here!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes my son had a severe reaction to DTaP and I have not vaccinated him since or my youngest at all. The number of vaccines they want the children to get now a days is drastically different then when I was a kid so I don't buy the whole "I got mine and I am fine so my kids will be too." Do some research on the vaxes and you will quickly realize that some are not even meant to keep them from getting the disease, only to make it less severe. Majority of the diseases are very treatable in the US where we have good health care, food , and sanitation.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• The only thing that ever happened was at her 1 year appointment (she's almost 2 now) she had a slight skin reaction to either the MMR or the flu shot.
    unknwndreamer

Answer by unknwndreamer at 12:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Nope they were all fine - I am very pro-vax!!
    Anonymous

• aeneva-what was your childs reaction like? What happened?
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Yes. My daughter at both her 2 and 4 months vaccines was completely altered. I wish I would have done research after her 2 month shots, but nooooo I still gave her her 4 month shots.

After each set of shots her left leg was virtually useless for over a month. There was a knot in it the size of a big marble, it remained red and irritated and sore to the touch.

Her personality completely changed. She went from being a calm, quiet baby to one who screamed ALL the time, for no reason. It was screams of agony. It got so bad I would cry with her because nothing would calm her down. She always got a slight fever, which is *normal* but fever is a sign of your body fighting off an infection, so it's not healthy especially when vaccine induced. : /

She has not been vaccinated since then, and our new baby wont be either. I do this to save their life. the next reaction could be worse, even "sids", and that scares me.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:37 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I have 3 and they had no reaction.
    Anonymous

• No. Not even a fever or anything.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 12:51 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Nope, not even a fever. The worst that happened was they slept most of the rest of the day.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:00 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My childern are not vaccinated, so no... no negitive reactions... but my husband would always become lethargic for days and break out in hives. And my father in law recived all his at once when he joined the marines and was so sick that he was hospitalized for days and went blind for an entier week.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:06 PM on Mar. 20, 2009