How should I react?

Okay so I have this friend who was supposed to come see me but its been about a week since I've talked to him and last night he called me up asking me to meet up with him this weekend. I'm nervous but at the same time I was wondering why he never called or anything. His excuse was that he was getting packed then when he got here he was tired or spending time with his family. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• If he's just your friend, why are you acting like it's a big deal?
    Don't act so needy and clingy. Geesh..
    Anonymous

• lol sorry its been awhile since I've dated anyone so I'm really nervous because when we talked he mentioned about becoming more than just friends.
    Anonymous

• er friends hang out all the time...
    Anonymous

• I think if he mentioned something like that than you have the right to ask him. lol. Who knows what he was up too for that whole week. Packing for a week, is he moving out? lol. Where is he going?
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt worry to much about it. Maybe he really was just spending time with his family or doing something else. Either way he ended up coming back to you so that must be a good sign, and he wants to be more than friends maybe now? Thats good go for it!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Well, if its just hanging out that he wants to do, then you have nothing to worry about. He was busy but obviously wanted to see you so he called.

However, if it is hanging out with a little bit of hanky-panky involved, then it sounds like a booty call, cause he blew you off all week and now wants to get a little and so it calling you.

I suppose it just depends on whether he is just a friend, or if he is, well, a special friend :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:49 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• okay well we talk all the time except for last week because he's in the army and he was packing to visit his family which is kinda close to where I live and he wants to hang out now. He's been around since the 17th because he told me that he was coming a couple weeks ago.
    Anonymous

• IMO...yes, he does need to see his family/pack or whatever. Why not just pick up the phone and let you know? And now right before he leaves he wants to get some time in at the last minute AND start having a sexual relationship with you????

Nope, uh huh, hes just trying to get some last minute booty before he goes....No call.....last minute...wants to become more than just friends......it just screams

BOOTY CALL!!!!!!!!

ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• And BTW....I know lots of military men (hubby is one also)...and SOME do use that to their advantage..

oh I have to spend time w/my family or I can't see you that much cause my leave is short
    oh i'm going off to where-ever and can't you send me off right (with sex)

Its easy for them to be in contact while they are away from you b/c you are an attatchment to "home" (anywhere they aren't) and you fill up thier time...but if he can't make the effort to see you on his REAL time, then he shouldn't be trusted...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009