Getting my toddler to sleep in her bed..updated

Like I said in the question before I am trying to get my 21month old daughter to sleep in her own bed and its just not happening. So I tried putting her in her bed and letting her cry it out. She cries for a few mins then is quiet.. not because she has fallen asleep but because she is playing in her room! So how can I get her to sleep in her bed if she can just get out and play?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• keep on top of it. after the first ime, tuck her in and say goodnight. 2nd time, tuck no, no words. 3 + times, put in bed and say nothing. it may take a while, but keep at it. My dd took about 4 or 5 times, now she goes to bed no problems. Some kids it could be hours before they give in.
    Anonymous

• Make sure the light is not high enough for her to see anything to play with. If she still wants to sit and play just pretend you cant see her(they just have away of testing the waters) Your other option is having her sleep with you and then when she is asleep you take her to her room. Just don't give up.All the best.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 12:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• DON'T let her fall asleep with you! She will get used to that and you will have to lay down with her every time you want her to sleep! You have to be more determined than she is- put her back in bed each time she gets up-you may have to do this 50 times the first night. Then 40 times the next night, and so on. She will get the picture sooner than you think- keep in mind that each time you give in, you are starting all over! Good luck!
    shelleyv

Answer by shelleyv at 5:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009