My cat is throwing up..don't have a clue why

What are the reasons animals might throw up? maybe just a belly ache? She is 100% indoor and she has fresh water and food..she is up to date on all her shots and worming. Does she probably just have a belly ache or hairball? I just wanna make sure she is not seriously sick

vikaroo18

Asked by vikaroo18 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Pets

• did she get into somthing in the house ? or a hairball watch her see if she starts to eat or act normal could she have chewed on a crayon or somthing ? we have had the cats get into weird stuff
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I would call the vet and see what they say.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• This time of year it is probably hairballs. Cats throw up sometimes. Sometimes their food doesn't sit quite right in their tummies. Sometimes they sample a houseplant and don't care for it. If she throws up once or twice a day don't worry. If she throws up continually and acts ill, won't eat, seems listless, then she needs to go to the vet.

Answer by Bmat at 1:26 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My cat throws up sometimes. I don't worry about it anymore because he seems perfectly fine afterward. He eats his food and drinks his water. I just think they do that sometimes due to hairballs and in my case he eats too fast.
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 2:45 PM on Mar. 22, 2009