Do you think if Bush or a republican made the special olympics comment that Obama made.......

He'd be all over the news, talk shows, etc. It seems like if Obama messes up the media just ignores it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I disagree with you. His actions are in the media. They just discussed this latest thing again for the 10th time today.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Oh, are you kidding me? If it had been Bush, he'd of been crucified, had people marching in protest on the lawn of the White House,and probably had liberals calling for his resignation or impeachment. But, the almighty, can-do-no-wrong Obama says it,and insults an entire culture of citizens who are the way they are through no fault of their own,and all he has to do is say "oops, sorry, I'm a moron,and didn't have my teleprompter"? NOPE! Doesn't wash! What a one-sided, bassackwards society it is to let him get off that easy!
    Anonymous

• It's not that the media ignores Obama. It's that the media worships Obama. So when he says something offensive it's talked about. The media explains that he's "just human" and "he didn't mean any harm."
    Had Bush said something similar he would be slaughtered in the media. They constantly attacked him for his Bushisms.
    Anonymous

• Bush would have been crucified. Obama is just a tired, hard working man. Gah.
    Anonymous

• Bush would have been ripped apart. They would be protesting him, etc. But once again, Barry can do no wrong. He can cut down, and defame anyone and "he's only human". PUHLEEEZE!!! How about we start holding Ole' Barry to the same standards Bush was held to? Oh wait, thats not going to happen cuz then people would have to recognize that he's NOT god and he's NOT going to save the world single handedly.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• its in the media , how do you think everyones getting the news about it , and that he appologized? ... it would have been fine for bush to make the comment , imo , no one would have cared ... i thought it was funny , and i dont care who made the comment , either way it would have been funny
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 12:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• abbynzachsmommy, I agree with what you said 100%!!!!!!! Don't expect it to change,but I do agree with you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• People would have FLIPPED it Bush said something like that. The Deomcrats would say "another reason to hate him!" and would bitch for years about it. I dont see how Obama can do no wrong. I also dont get how republicans cant complain that Obama is president yet Democrats are STILL bitching Bush was president and tell us "dont whine - hes your president just get over it" well why didnt you?!
    I think what he said was rude & very uncalled for.
    Anonymous

• tha-hawt-mommie, HOW can you say a comment about people who cannot do anything to change how they are is funny? How cruel and insensitive can you be? You seriously need to re-evaluate your values,if you think that's funny. Do you want to bring your children up to make fun of the handicapped? What if, God forbid, one of your children was? Would it be so funny then? Probably not.
    Anonymous

------
    just the same as people think racial comments are funny - they cant change their race. my kids can make fun of w/e they want they're their own person. and if i did have a handicaped child i would put them up for adoption or in a home where someone can help them 24/7 til the day they die ,bc i cannot
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009