Is this burnout?

I have a lot going on in my life right now, a lot of responsibilities, and although I thought I was happy I became enraged at my ex telling me that I do nothing all day and pretty much threw a temper tantrum in my bathroom (where I had just gotten out of the shower when he called to bitch at me). I gave the baby to my boyfriend and tried to calm myself down, at which point my ex called again and continued the argument. I became infuriated and broke a lot of things in the bathroom that are going to be difficult and expensive to replace. Now I'm physically and mentally exhausted and can't get motivated to do anything, I was supposed to take my homeschooled son bowling today with a homeschool group and I am completely drained of energy. He's crying and upset because I told him I was sick and couldn't go and I feel terrible. I feel completely overwhelmed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• You are probably burnt out. i'm sure homeschooling is probably tough and I know babies are tough and ex's are a pain. Ignore him, why does he have a say over your life anyway? Dont let him get to you.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• If you are feeling overwhelmed, then it is likely burnout. The first thing to do is to get a physical workup to make sure you don't have some other problem- blood levels, etc. Tell the doctor about the going berzerk problem, since you should be able to control your actions.  Going out of control like that is not good, and next time you lose total control like that it might be around and even injuring your child or boyfriend.  If your boyfriend were to act like that,  carry on and throw and break things, I'd tell you to get out of there immediately and not expose yourself or your child to someone like that.  Now the shoe is on the other foot, and you must find out how to control yourself. Start off with ruling out physical reasons, then go to a counselor or specialist.  You need help immediately.

Answer by Bmat at 1:04 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• *hugs* dont let him get to you- im sure thats all he wanted was to get a reaction out of you.
    I wish you could feel good enough to take your son though =(
    Anonymous

• I know how you feel, I feel that way alot, like there is too much going on and not enough time to do it and No energy, maybe you just need a day alone by yourself to just calm down, could your boy friend maybe take your son bowling?
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2009