Does anyone else have the issue of your hair breaking REALLY bad while you're pregnant?

Everyone I've asked always says "No! Your hair grows alot better when you're pregnant because of the vitamines you're taking." I have been taking my prenatals too, on a regular basis. However with my last pregnancy and with this one my hair has broken really bad, like i pretty much have bangs now and I never had those to begin with... I've even asked my hair dresser and no one has advice for me....

AK_panda

Asked by AK_panda at 1:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Health

• When I was pregnant my hair fell out alot, it was horrible, and I took the vitamins too.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I was very sick at the beginning of my pregnancy and my hair was breaking and falling out really bad. Once I was no longer sick all day long and I was eating healthy and taking my prenatals again my hair stopped falling out and breaking. It is a nutrition issue. Try eating more healthy foods. If you are having a lot of morning sickness you may have to wait until it passes for your hair to stop falling out so badly. You may just be one of the unlucky few who's baby sucks everything out of you and you will have to wait until you are no longer pregnant for your hair to stop falling out and breaking. Good luck.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 9:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2009