poor eye contact-autism experience please

Hello///i posted yesterday the same question in babies but i think it will be better in kid's health..my question is how can you describe poor eye contact in 7 months old baby.....how often babies have to do eye contact when someone talk to them and also how long do they have to keep the eye contact? is normal that sometimes babies ignore you when you talk or call them? any description? i am worried about autism,thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Honestly, I do not believe you can. Not at 7 months, I think most babies have so much to look at that they only give a moment to anything. If you are that worried, then there are lots of palces you can go on the net. The most important thing is to get as educated as possible about autism. Even talk to your pediatrician, my children are much older and the advancements they have made can make it possible I think for testing earlier but I am not sure if they can do it for your lil one. The link below may help you better understand the traits of autism. Hope this helps and no I have none with autism.
    http://www.essential-guide-to-autism.com/blog/2006/05/12/signs-of-autism/?source=gcpm1
    GardenClub

Answer by GardenClub at 2:03 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Most people can't tell at 7 months. I only could because my oldest can maintain eye contact about as long as I can and I have autism. My newborn kicks my butt when it comes to eye contact so I think he is normal.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:49 AM on Mar. 21, 2009