Am I over-reacting?

This has really been bothering me, last night my SO says that when our unborn sons start dating that we should teach them to be "players" so they don't get their hearts broken. This really hit home because not only are there tons of STDs floating around and its only gonna get worse but Ive been cheated on and know how it feels; I didnt do anything to deserve to get hurt and neither will these "future girls" I guess what I am asking is, is it just a guy thing? do all guys want there sons to go "boning" down every "hot" chick?

Breezy1988

Asked by Breezy1988 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• he'll change his mind when the kids grow up. He's just sounding off as a wanna be player himself. Experience and maturity will fix things. Just ignore him when he says stupid stuff.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:27 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Sounds like your SO has no real respect for the feelings of women. Was his dad like that?

Maybe he should teach them to leave dating for after they are mature enough to handle breakups.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:28 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• I think maybe that is a guys fantasy...to be doing all the hot girls like in the movies...but once they get old enough to date he might have a different tone...or at least i hope so..but yeah i think its every guys fantasy to be the player!!
    Anonymous

• No his dad was a really good influence on him. I tried explaining that no matter what if they are "players" or not that they are going to get their hearts broken its just a part of life and growing up
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• Men say a lot of crap before they actually have the baby in their arms. Don't argue over this, wait until the boys are here and then watch how fast he changes his tune.
    jspy72

Answer by jspy72 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• My guy has the same attitude, I don't think they get that it's seems cool to be a player untill they fall in love with some gurl that plays them, It always happens. I wouldn't worry about it your son will make up his own mind when it comes.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 1:40 PM on Mar. 20, 2009

• He was just playing. My hubby used to do that to my son when he was a baby. But now he realizes that a son neds a respectful upbringing and the joking stopped.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2009